How to use a YABOT, a Starcraft 2 build order tester
A Starcraft 2 Build Order Tester is a tool that helps you improve, refine, and test your Starcraft builds/strategies, and by doing so, improve your game. YABOT is one of the most popular build order testers as it offers a wide variety of basic and advanced features of a tester. To get started, load up Starcraft 2 and search for “YABOT”. You should see several variations of YABOT on different maps. The only difference between these is the maps YABOT is played on. Pick one, let YABOT download, pick the race you want to play, and start the game.
When the game finishes loading, you should see a black background with a green screen/box in the middle. From here you can branch off into two paths.
1. Make a new build. Select the first slot by saying (T)(Z)(P) vs. X. Here you can record your own personal construction. You start by simply running your build. On the left, you will record both the in-game timer and supply count when you start building a structure. Spoil? Don’t worry, just type “-b” to get back to the home screen. When you have finished running your build, type “-s 0” to save your build order. It will now appear in the custom slot on the home screen.
2. Practice a construction. Select one from the home screen. Not only are your custom builds there, but other popular strategies are listed if you want to try them out.
These are the basic features of YABOT. Other things you can do with YABOT
1. Go to official sc2 builds.com, the official YABOT site and…
2. Find other popular strategies that you can practice using a complex method to code the build you select to appear when you load YABOT in custom games.
3. Upload your own custom builds so your friends can see your pure genius.
4. Please rate and review other builds/strategies you find on the YABOT website and participate in the forums to improve your Starcraft 2 gaming skill.
Other interesting facts about YABOT:
The real name is Another Build Order Tester. If you choose random in the YABOT lobby, the listed builds will default to Protoss. YABOT was made by “xorpwnz” and “Antistrange”. They are both strong Starcraft 2 players. You should always be able to download the latest version of YABOT in Sc2 Builds.